Monday, January 16, 2012

Meet Jennie Knott

Hi All, it's Julie.  I'm re-posting from my own blog today because I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to introduce to a great customer that I met in our Cambridge store yesterday..... 


This lovely woman is Jennie Knott.  I had the good fortune of meeting her yesterday when she came in to shop at Raspberry Beret during our fundraiser for Dana Farber Cancer Institute.  I'm so glad she recognized me from my birthday video and introduced herself because she is such an inspiration!

Jennie is currently pursuing her Masters in Social Work at Simmons Graduate School of Social Work.  Upon graduating, she hopes to provide services to individuals experiencing Cancer.  Jennie volunteers three hours per week at *The Boston Ronald McDonald House in Boston which serves children, aged 21 and under, who are receiving treatment at Dana Farber or Children's Hospital.

Jennie is currently interviewing for her second year placement in the Longwood Medical Area.  She came in to Raspberry Beret to find an outfit to wear to an interview she has next week.  Not only was she helping support ourfundraiser - but she was doing it in a way that will hopefully help her get the job she wants so she can help even more people. 

Good luck Jennie!

*Ronald McDonald House has a Wish List on their website as well as a Target Wishlist.  I wanted to share a couple of the items that they have on their list here, but please visit their website for a full listing of what they need.

  • Passes to local museums, movie theaters and sporting events
  • DVD movies appropriate for children, teenagers and families (call for titles)
  • Gift cards to Stop & Shop, Shaws and Trader Joe’s supermarkets

No comments:

Post a Comment