Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cost Per Wearing

I just saw a blog post on the How To Consign Blog that talked about something called 'cost per wearing'. If you're on a budget, it's a great way to help you figure whether something you love is really worth buying.

Right now there is an adorable pair of nude Seychelles wedges in our Cambridge store that I'm lusting over. I want them so badly, but they're dangerously high (for me) and not very practical. I should preface that statement with the fact that I have an almost three year old and I'm currently 5 months pregnant. The chances of me wearing these shoes this summer are ridiculously slim.

On the other hand, the shoes are only $24. Could I wear them 3 times this year? Maybe. If I do and I wear them 7 times next summer, that works out to be $2.40 per wear. Is that worth it? Well, when you put it that way - YES!

It's decided. If they're still there tomorrow (please be there, please be there) I'm getting the shoes.

What do you think of this system? Have you tried it before? Does it work for you or just make you buy more stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment